Re: may i have several partition for the same filesistem ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:23:21 +0100

Roger Peņa Escobio wrote:

> I have a Sparcstation with linux 2.0.33, and recently i add two
> more scsi disk for cache but actually i already have a cache so how
> can i implement that ?
> may i have two cache, ie /usr/local/squid/cache1 and
> /usr/local/squid/cache2?

Yes.

If you are using Squid 2 then all you need to do is to mount the new
drives and add them to squid.conf.

If you are using Squid 1 then things is a little bit complicated. Each
cache_dir needs to be of equal size, and the cache needs to be cleared
each time you add/remove a cache_dir line in squid.conf. My recommended
action is to upgrade to Squid 2 if you are running Squid 1.X.

> please help me, i know that the ideal is just one disk but there are
> things out of my control, like this one :-)).

The ideal setup is not one large disk, it is as many disks as you can
get your hands on. Disks are slow and you need many to get best
performance (measured in operations/second).

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker