Re: Squid 1.15 as Real Audio proxy?

From: Alvin Starr <alvin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 14:10:46 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 timur@tabi.org wrote:

> I'm running Squid 1.15 for OS/2, because I don't have a direct connection
> between my Mac and the Internet, only my OS/2 box has that. One of these
> days, I'll get IP masquerading (aka NAT) to work, but until then I need
> to use Squid (and other servers/proxies) to get to the 'Net.
>
> My question is: Real Audio tries to make a direct connection, but it can
> be configured to use proxies. Can someone tell me how to configure
> Real Audio and Squid to get this to work?

The real audio folks have a proxy that the source is availble for that
will do the job for you. I bulit one for a contract about 8-10 months ago
and don't remember where I got the source but you should be able to find
it through the RA website.

Happy hunting.

Alvin Starr || voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity || fax: (416)585-9974
alvin@iplink.net ||