X-squid-error header (was Re: digest only peering?)

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 11:50:58 +1100

Allen Smith wrote:

> On Nov 24, 7:59am, Henrik Nordstrom (possibly) wrote:
> > Alex Rousskov wrote:
> >
> > > Any comments?
> >
> > Why not fix false hit detection instead of trying to work around them?
>
> How do you have in mind fixing it (aside from the suggestion of having
> squid parse a X-Squid-Error header, which is a good one)? And why not
> add some (easily removable if someone does have a fix) workarounds
> such as the above until then?

Actually, I must apologise to folks. X-squid-error support is only about
one-third written. The data that I provide in the header field isn't
very portable (I just pass errno as-is, instead of a more portable
sequence of codes or messages..which is wrong), and I've yet to sit down
and finish the other end of the code (which is _supposed_ to replace a
squid-error page generated upstream with the local equivalent, defined
by the local squid admin).

I claim busy-ness, but it's still on my to-do list.