Re: squid user

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 02:38:58 +0100

Irfan Akber wrote:

> ... when I run it as root the first process comes up as root.
> Why is it running as root. Is it safe to run it as root.

When Squid starts it normally starts two processes. The first only
monitors the second and automatically restarts it if it should fail. If
you don't want this monitor process then start Squid with the -N option.

Yes, this root Squid process is safe. All processing is done by the
non-root process.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker