Re: squid info

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 02:53:09 +0100

Squid 1.X:

quick_abort 0 100 0

Squid 2.X:

quick_abort_min 0

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker

attached mail follows:

Hi Henrik,

I have seen your name alot on the squid mailing list , so I have sent you a
email directly, as all my posts to teh group dont seem to work.

I have some problems with finding information on squid. What sources are
    available for information on settings in squid, I need to
enable/disable things that I have no clue as to how to do so, and I
havent yet figured it out by myself.

So basically what is a good place to read up on squid settings, mainly
things like quick abort settings , and anything that will decrease the
amount of data squid downloads that it doesnt need to, we have found its
retrieving about 80gig/month, and 40g is actuallyt delivered to our
users. is this normal? can we tweak it a bit ? I think it may be the quick
abort option i've heard of but yet to figure out if i've set it
  right:)

if you have the time could you take a look at my squid.conf, we run
1.novm.22, I know everyone is using 2.1 or whatever but 1.novm.22 works
   pretty well for me, it hasnt yet crashed oncee so thats good enuff for
us:)

thanks for your time
Matthew

Business E-Mail : postmaster@dataline.net.au