Re: Solved: installation help: No such file or directory

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:22:33 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, David J N Begley wrote:
>
> > Well, the answer's simple - we fix the config file! ;-)
> > Perhaps adding an extra paragraph at the top - Alex/Duane?
>
> Since I do not see the config problem clearly (or see a problem in a
> different place), could you please submit your version of a paragraph? :)

The "problem" is one of misunderstanding - sometimes the word "none" is a
valid parameter for the squid.conf keywords and sometimes it's not; to
clarify this, we add an extra paragraph near the top of the default squid.conf
file so that instead of just:

# This is the default Squid configuration file. You may wish
# to look at http://cache.is.co.za/squid/ for documentation,
# or the Squid home page (http://squid.nlanr.net/) for the FAQ.

we get something like this:

# This is the default Squid configuration file. You may wish
# to look at http://cache.is.co.za/squid/ for documentation,
# or the Squid home page (http://squid.nlanr.net/) for the FAQ.
#
# The commented keywords/options show the defaults - only uncomment
# if you are certain you want to change these from the default. In
# some cases "none" refers to no default setting at all, whilst in
# other cases it refers to a valid option - the comments for that
# keyword indicate if this is the case.

Cool?

dave