Re: I want to know URL ip address,help me.

From: Kevin Littlejohn <darius@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 18:16:38 +1100

Getting this information would be nice for those of us who get billed different
amounts depending on where the data came from. However, it's not as simple as
it looks - there's a nasty case where a cache gets the page from one of it's
neighbours, where I don't believe squid ever _knows_ the IP address involved
(necessarily).

I've got mods to provide a seperate logfile that contains _some_ information
approaching this - X-Referred-For first entry, _name_ of source for page
(this is sometimes the name of a peer rather than the name of the web server,
though), etc. Depending on what you're wanting out of the log files, that
may provide some extra info - but it's a pretty ugly patch, and from the
question below, it doesn't provide the info you're after.

>>> Henrik Nordstrom wrote
> Wang Aimin wrote:
> >
> > the access.log file record where I visit, and it's appear as URL
> > address, but I want to know the ip address of URL,can you
> > understand me?
>
> Yes. What I don't understand now is why you want the IP address logged..
>
> Squid source needs to be changed at a number of places if logging should
> be extended to include the IP address of the server where the request is
> forwarded.
>
> ---
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Spare time Squid hacker