Re: ICP Cache registration page

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 20:36:04 -0700

Andrew Daviel writes:

>I've created a page for people to register their cache for
>"public" or "semi-public" ICP/HTTP connection/peering.
>
>http://vancouver-webpages.com/CacheNow/offered/
>
>which is not restricted to Squid, in part response to some mail I
>received.
>
>If this has all been done before (apart from the Squid announcement list)
>please let me know (personally) and I will point to that instead;
>otherwise, feel free to add entries.

Our (NLANR) registration database is not meant to be Squid-specific.
It is, however, automated, and probably Squid is the only software
which sends automated announcements in that particular format.
Netcache/Netapp used to, but I doubt they do any longer.

Maybe you can change "NLANR Squid database" to "NLANR's Automated database".

Duane W.

--
wessels@nlanr.net                           Think Globally, Cache Locally.