Re: Proxying PHP Pages

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:20:38 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Yes, you should probably include .asp and .php to your
> hierarchy_stoplist.

This isn't really going to help in this case as:

1. PHP pages aren't tied to ".php" extensions (some use ".php3", some
    use ".phtml", &c.); and,

2. this site appears to throw ALL its pages through the PHP parser, which
    means you'd have to add (gasp!) ".html" to your hierarchy_stoplist!

> What is said in the Squid access log? *MISS, *HIT or nothing?

Yes, I think it'd be necessary to check the Squid access log to see why the
user's having problems; certainly the site producing properly attributed HTTP
headers (ie., caching things that can be cached and not caching those that
cannot be cached) would be desirable in any case.

Cheers..

dave