Re: stripping after question-mark

From: <rstagg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:04:22 +0000

Joe,

The reason for this stripping is that the CGI parameters can often contain
passwords and other information of a confidential or sensitive nature (eg
what people are typing into search engines).

For reasons of discretion, it's not logged by default.

However, I've enabled full logging on my Squid as well; it's not a problem.

Richard Stagg

joe@vpop.net on 11/12/98 09:42:43