Re: Unable to forward this request at this time

From: Robert Dahlem <Robert.Dahlem@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:07:07 +0100

Duane,

>>After a short while most requests run into the following message:

>> Unable to forward this request at this time.

>>cachemgr.cgi (when asked for Peer Cache Statistics) shows:

>> Parent : proxy.xxx.xxx.de/81/3130
>> PINGS SENT : 91
>> PINGS ACKED: 0 0%

>See the "PINGS ACKED" line? You have not received ANY ICP replies from
>this parent cache.

Thanks for your hint. I will investigate if that proxy is really listening on port 3130
for ICP requests. BTW: Until one week ago I did run a really old version of squid which
did not come up with these problems (on the same ICP port).

>My guess would be there is a firewall or something between the two
>machines which blocks UDP packets.

Another hint I will investigate on.

Is there a way for me to make sure

- my UDP packets come through?
- the outer proxy is listening for ICP packets on 3130?

Thanks so far!

Hasta la vista,
               Robert