Re: Funnies with 208.228.228.235 (Henrik Nordstrom )

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:35:48 +0100

Rob Poudrette wrote:

> I had this problem more than one. I have some netxray dumps. All
> I really got is binary dumps. Let me know if you would like to see
> some of the dump files.
> http://www.cineca.it/proxy/search/html/9812/7.html

Was this with or without quickabort enabled (quick_abort 0 enables quick
abort). Without quick abort enabled there is a number of different kinds
of requests that may cause Squid to eat a lot of bandwidth without any
gain.

If if was with quick_abort enabled then we need to know what the request
looks like, and preferably the response headers as well. The object data
is not interesting. If you wonder what I am talking about then do a
trace on a normal HTTP request and you'll know.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker