SSL_ports

From: Graham Maltby <gmaltby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:00:33 +1000

Hi all,

What are the implications (security or other) of removing the restriction on what port squid will make SSL connections.

We have a particular web site that is using port 2000 for thier SSL server, "to improve security". To allow this through the proxy i've added 2000 to the SSL_ports.

While this works, I'm not sure of what problems this may cause.

Can someone explain the need for this ACL (SSL_ports)?

Thanks.

Regards,
Graham
Systems Administrator - Internet Information Group
Graham Maltby <gmaltby@iig.com.au>