Re: SNMP Variables

From: Alan J. Flavell <flavell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:46:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Marc Lucke wrote:

> I use MRTG 2.5.1
> patched to use default port 3401 & had to rewrite the OIDs in MRTG to pick
> up the new OID paths!!! But I got there (yay!).

Excuse me for butting in, but if you get the current MRTG then I don't
think any further patching is needed. My MRTG configuration (it says
it's 2.5.4c) is happily reading statistics from a custom port number,
and getting system uptime from the standard SNMP port number, all
without needing patches.

all the best