Re: Detailed documentation?

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:32:51 +0100

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Mark Seuffert (Pirates) wrote:

]where can I find the detailed documentaion about the
]squid config file options?
]
]In the "Squid Users Guide" (http://cache.is.co.za/squid/) and the FAQ I
]did not find all options of "acl", only some examples.... (?).
]I search for a detailed documentation about all ACLs options and
]authentifictaion control (and I found only some examples in the FAQ).

Try the comments in your configuration file, or in
"/usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf.default". That is as detailed
(besides the FAQ) as it can get. The rest is trial and error.
Having a local experimentation cache and several accounts on
different networks is very helpful, though.

<german>
Aber vielleicht kann ich bei einem konkreten Problem helfen...
</german>

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726