Re: failed posts with Content-Length: 0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 22:54:08 +0100

Doug Nazar wrote:

> Any idea what's allegedly broken with persistant connections in
> mozilla/3? I'm using the OS/2 version which IBM ported and fixed a lot
> of the bugs. I'd like to test to see if I can remove that check (or
> augment it).

I don't know, other than the https issue which is present in all(?)
Netscape versions.

Searching throught the Apache bug tracking system reveals that some
versions of Netscape 3.x have great trouble with POST on timed-out
persistent connections (it fails to retry the POST correctly) See Apache
PR#1142.

See also http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/known_client_problems.html

Duane: Can you please add a bookmark for this on your recommended
reading page if if isn't there already?

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker