Re: Mail Server

From: Morne J v Rensburg <mjvr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:08:28 +0200

Why not use a Linux Server. I am currently using one with almost 2500
users on theoneand around 2700 on another ... We never had a problem,
yet. Been going for almost 4 1/2 years on it. It uses POP3 and SMTP.
Setup is easy. And besides it's free. Well almost. =;0)
My configuration is simple. It;s a P133 with about 128Mb of Ram. And we
are using this Linux Server with Squid aswell. works like a dream.
The current MailFlow through this server is around 600 - 800 MB of Mail
each day. NEver missed one yet. Consider it. It's realy worth it ....

Any Question ..mail me ..and I might help over there.

Salvo Privitera wrote:

> Sorry, I know, this is not the right place to post my question...
>
> but I need to know what is the BEST mail server software for NT/UNIX!
> I must choose the right software, my company is an ISP with 2000
> e-mail users but curren server is not fast enough (I'm using Eudora
> Interner Mail Server on a Power Macintosh at 66MHZ!).
> I'm planning to migrate to NT and migrate to Software.Com PostOffice,
> but this software is expansive (1000$ for 1000 accouts). I must be
> secure to get the best mailserver software for that price!
>
> Any Suggestions???
>
> Please help!
> ____________
> Salvo Privitera Voice ++39