IP filter header files...

From: Sherif Mohamed Ismaiel <sismaiel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:24:33 +0200 (EET)

Hi,
        I got squid version squid-2.0.PATCH2 and untarred it. and did the
configure with the enable transparent option... As far as I know this
squid version should have built in ip filter support...
but when I ran the configure program I got the following error...

checking if IP-Filter header files are installed... no
WARNING: Cannot find necessary IP-Filter header files
         Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled

I have ip filter installed and was working satisfactory with version
1.1.22 but I want to tryout the new version.

Can anyone tell me what header files are missing?! and if those are
downloaded on their own or should be in the squid tar file!?

        Thanks a lot
Sherif Mohammed Ismaiel
Communication Department
Information And Decision Support Center