Re: Squid 2 and logging

From: Sam Eaton <sam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 16:53:51 +0000

On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 04:04:46PM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> rstagg@csc.com wrote:
>
> > Under Squid 2, the URL appears before redirection, simply
> > recording "User X accessed this porn site". The same occurs
> > using "302" browser redirection.
>
> Not quite. When using a redirect you get a additional request for the
> redirected URL.
>
> > Is there any way I can get the old level of logging detail around
> > redirection back, or am I looking at a reversion to Squid 1.1.22?
>
> Change the sources. In src/client_side.c, set http->log_uri in
> clientRedirectDone.

I have patches which do this, as well as patches to make sure that the
redirector code gets passed the username from proxy-auth, rather than
the (empty) ident user...

Mail me if you want it, or I can give it to the whole list if people are
interested...

Sam.

Sam Eaton                  Senior Systems Manager, Pavilion Internet Plc
         "Fortified with essential bitterness and sarcasm"