Re: Pool for Request structur

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 22:25:39 +0100

Rodney Holm wrote:

> I can do the bug fixing myself.

You should consider upgrading to the last 1.NOVM release
(1.NOVM.22+patch) before looking to deep into the code, as it may
include a fix to the problem.

Recommended action is to upgrade to a Squid 2 release (current version
is 2.1.PATCH2+fix). proxy_auth has undergone a lot of work in Squid 2
and is now fully supported and much more flexible than the early version
available in Squid 1.X.

> What I do need to know is why the requests are not being released
> from memory and which file to look in.

If I knew that I would have sent you a patch instead of refering you to
the current ("supported") version. But as you have tracked it down to
proxy_auth a educated guess is in src/client_side.c:clientAccessCheck.

proxy_auth is implemented in the access control stage, with a special
"access denied" message if authentication is required.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker