Re: Trying to use feature LOG_FGDN ON which performs a nslookup i n access.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 00:17:50 +0100

Philippe PAULEAU wrote:

> At this time, it just remains a problem with reverse lookup
> ( arpa ) IP that are dynamical (DHCP) on the internal DNS,
> but i will try to fix this soon.

If you are using MS DNS server then there is an option to do WINS
lookups for reverse (and forward) lookups. I guess this is currently the
recommended method of integrating DNS and DHCP for a Windows based
network.

MS DNS also supports forwarding and slave mode, so you can use a MS DNS
server as the "both worlds" server.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker