Re: WebChat Server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:17:12 +0100

Ethy H Brito wrote:

> My squid users are complaining about having access denied to webchat server.
> They have a "nickname already in use" error as response whem trying to login.
> The server in question is the Magma WebChat if someone wants to know.
> As the documentatios says Squid works well with such applications maybe I am
> doing something wrong with setup?

Last time I ran Magmacoms WebChat server (little more than one year ago)
it had some user identy checks based on the senders IP address. If you
had more than one user sharing the same IP address (as you have in a
proxy or firewall) then there was identity problems, especially if guest
access was allowed...

I don't know if the situation is the same these days, but maybe it is...

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker