Re: Multiple Processors

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:35:42 +0100

Adalto Silva Correia Filho wrote:

> Is there a parameter of configure script to tell squid to use the
> advantage of more than one processor?

Squid usually does not need more than one processor as the first
bottleneck usually is disk I/O. --enable-async-io takes care of both..
(don't slow down because of disk I/O bottlenecks if there are CPU power
available on any CPU). --enable-async-io it is sort of a experimental
feature, but it does works for some people.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker