Strange problem with squid

From: Irfan Akber <irfan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:46:26 +0500

Hi,

I saw some strange problem with squid. It has been running fine for quite
some time now but I saw it going extremely slow and it choked up the
bandwidth. Upon further analysis I saw very high number of file descriptors
in use which normally doesnt go beyond 100 as it is not a very heavily
loaded server. All the requests were for either www.mrdouble.com and
www.geocities.com. It seemed that squid is stuck in a loop or something and
recursively sending requests for these sites.

What is the solution to this problem. Has anyone experienced this. I am
using squid2.0 and squid1.1.22 on Linux 2.0.34 Pentium 200 MMX.

Thanks,

Irfan Akber