Re: Cache-State Wrong with Async-I/O and 2.0.P2

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:43:43 +0200

Hi

> I don't think this went through the first time so I'm sending it again.
> Sorry if it's a duplicate.

Yep, it went through twice ;)

> with -enable-async-io. With this option enable Squid appears to "forget" or
> loose track of what and how many items it has in it's cache directory. I
> saw a message some time back that indicated that if you deleted the swap.*

I periodically run out of disk space on my one cache machine, as squid
doesn't delete files. This is with squid 1.2.beta24 with async-io. I haven't
had time to track it down (specifically coz when things go wrong I need it
up RIGHT NOW.

It appears that I don't have the same problems with 1.2.beta23... I haven't
time to go through looking for possible problems at the mo, but perhaps
this will act as a hint for someone.

> are running Squid 2.0.Patch2. My question is has this bug been fixed and in
> what version or does anyone have any suggestions.

It may have been fixed... I don't recall seeing anyone saying anything
about it though.

Oskar

---
"Haven't slept at all. I don't see why people insist on sleeping. You feel
so much better if you don't. And how can anyone want to lose a minute -
a single minute of being alive?"				-- Think Twice