Re: squid ignores httpd_accel_host ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 23:17:28 +0100

Harris, John wrote:

> Trying to run squid as an accelerator, it pays attention to the
> port, but always uses the local host's IP instead of the host I
> put in httpd_accel_host.

Can't say I can repeat this with a Squid-2.1.PATCH2+, and I have tested
it with several earlier versions.

How Squid determines the destination server name when running as a
accelerator:

0. httpd_accel_host has to be set, or the request is rejected.
1. If httpd_accel_uses_host_header on, and a Host: header is available
then it uses the Host: header.
2. If httpd_accel_host is virtual, then it uses the IP address
contacted.
3. If httpd_accel_host is something else than virtual, then it uses this
as the server name.

Any change to this in squid.conf requires a full restart to be fully
effective.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker