Re: Memory leak Patch for Squid2.1 PATCH2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 00:38:20 +0100

Raul S. Bucad wrote:

> Do I still need to apply the patch to my squid2.1 PATCH2
> running on linux and how do I know If I have memory leak.

If you are refering to the patch posted at the Squid homepage
(squid-2.1.PATCH2-clientHandleIMSReply-leak.patch), then yes.

There is also an error in the FTP code which may cause your Squid to
eventually run out of filedescriptors if a lot of users uses
non-anonymous FTP. See http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/ for a patch to
this problem.

---
Henrik Nordstrom