Re: Help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:04:11 +0100

A.Y. Sjarifuddin wrote:

> - How to start using squid (I've installed already the
> squid-2.1.PATHC2.tar.gz)

See squid-2.1.PATCH2/QUICKSTART

> - Do I have to put it on the crontab? because I couldn't find
> squid.init in /etc/rc.d/init.d

init.d script if available in contrib/squid.rc with associated options
file squid.options. Where and how to install these varies on different
platforms, and it may require some minor editing to get it working.

> - I'm tryin to start RunCache and the squid.out came like this:
> what's wrong with the port? I use 8080 as my http port and 8000 as my
> web server.
>
> Startup: Sun Jan 10 15:17:37 JAVT 1999
> FATAL: Cannot open HTTP Port

Looks like you have already started Squid. Check if there is a Squid
process running. Squid by default puts itself in the background when
started.

See also logs/cache.log for more detailed messages.

Send any further questions to squid-users@ircache.net. You need to
subscribe first if you haven't.

---
Henrik Nordstrom