Re: snmp requests

From: Marc Lucke <hohums.list@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:12:27 +1100

René, how are you?

The biggest problem that I had was that I didn't compile Squid properly in
the first place:

./configure --enable-snmp --enable-<other option> --enable-<other option>
make all
make install

I just said make, not make all & that is what was wrong with mine.

If you do that, then you can use the snmp config exactly as listed in the
FAQ. If you still have problems, I'm afraid I can't help except to say that
you should check that snmpd is running on port 161 (default) & that squid's
snmp is running on 3401 (squid's default).

Hope this helps,
Marc