FTP Proxy

From: Pete Freckelton <peterf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:55:45 -0400

I'm a newcomer to the group, and to Squid, so I'll ask a little forgiveness
if the following question has already been answered. I seem unable to find
the answer on my own.

I've been given the project of putting together a new Squid server for our
network, and I'm running into a little issue with the FTP proxy. Our
SysAdmin wants it to essentially work like this: A user starts a download
using a url (eg: ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/win95/winsock/powdoc37.zip). If
the user cancels the download, he wants the proxy server to continue the
download anyway. That way, when the user attempt to resume the download,
it grabs it from the proxy, not the origionating server.

Can this be done? If so, can someone point me in the right direction for
information. Anything on configuring Squid for FTP proxy would be great.
If it can't be done, could someone give me a basic "why not" so I can pass
that along to my sysadmin. Thanks in advance for any help.

Pete Freckelton (peterf@glinx.com)
Technical Support Representative

Global Linx Internet Inc.
E-Mail: peterf@glinx.com