Re: Cannot log beyond the ? in an URL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 05:28:19 +0100

Benno Blumenthal wrote:

> I am using squid as an accelerator, and squid 2.0 PATCH 2 does not
> log beyond the ? in an URL. This is a real problem for me, as
> I process the logs and need to have the complete URL so that I can
> figure out what information went out on the page. My scripts are
> written to cache: they have last-modified dates and sometimes
> expiration dates and even respond to If-Modified-Since requests, but
> if my caching server (i.e. squid) cannot log the complete url, I am
> stuck.

in src/client_side.c, change
    http->log_uri = xstrdup(urlCanonicalClean(request));
    http->log_uri = xstrdup(urlCanonical(request));

You may also want to do the same in errorpage.c.

Also, if you want the results of your scripts to be cached, then
consider using PATH_INFO instead of QUERY_STRING if possible (that is
generated links, not user input forms). Most caches (including browser
caches) consider URLs with ? in them as uncacheable.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker