getting Squid logfiles into a database

From: Gavin Cameron <gavin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:23:51 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

Using the authentication_program and proxy_auth directives in Squid 2 we
can now authenticate users against a database using an external program
that takes a Squid request, consults the database, and passes the result
back to Squid.

It would be helpful, I think it would be, to be able to get your access
logs put into a database, and I think it could be done in much the same
way as authentication

The directives could be something like
  cache_access_log_program: name of the logging program
  cache_access_log_program_children: how many logging programs to have
    running
and it would accept native format messages (one per line).

Does anyone have something like this running?
If not, is someone working on something like this?

Thanks,
Gavin
| Gavin Cameron | ITworks Consulting |
| Ph : 0418 390350 | Suite 100, 85 Grattan Street |
| Fax : +61 3 9347 6544 | Carlton, Victoria |
| Email : gavin@itworks.com.au | Australia, 3053 |