corrupt digest

From: Daniel Schneider <schneider@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 00:20:54 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

we are using Squid 2.0 Patch 2 and we have enabled digest some days ago. Now I
have seen an interesting thing:

we have to caches: wwwproxy and wwwproxy2. Both use digest to ask each other.
wwwproxy has been requesting many more digests from wwwproxy2 than the other
way round, although wwwproxy is much larger than wwwproxy2. Well, cache.log of
wwwproxy tells me now that he has got an corrupt digest from wwwproxy2 every 10
mins. It requests a new digest.

I now have restarted the squi at wwwproxy2 to see if that helps to generate a
fresh and better digest. Anyone has experienced that problem and can explain
how a corrupted digest can occurr?

--
Daniel Schneider
regioconnect GmbH - http://www.regioconnect.net/