Re: source_ping

From: Ettore De Simone <teier10@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:43:18 +0100 (MET)

Well, my problem is: I have to go through a main parent which is, well,
somewhat unreliable. I used source_ping to tell squid to go directly to the
origin servers when the parent gets clogged up and become too slow to respond in
reasonable time - which happens almost regularly in night hours.
Now, does icmp allow me doing that ? What strategy does squid use to determine
access routes ?

E-Mail: Ettore De Simone <teier10@xtsfs01.tei.ericsson.se>
Date: 14-Jan-99
Time: 10:43:18