Slighly offtopic. FTP-proxy

From: Hans Akerman <akerman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:32:36 +0100 (CET)

I am running the ftp proxy from Firewall Toolkit(ftp-gw) on my proxy
machine and the problem I have is quite intriguing. I am running the
ftp-gw on the same machine as Squid(squid-2.0.PATCH2) and NNTPcache.
"STOR" through the ftp-proxy stops working after a while (1 to 2 days).
"RETR" works fine. Stopping the ftp-gw process does not fix the problem.
But stopping Squid and *then* starting the ftp-gw deamon fixes the problem
temporarly. I have made a CRON-job stopping the processes and starting
them again at night to cure some of the problems and you probably
understand why I named that script "ugly_hack.sh".. :)

The proxy is behind a FW-1 on a DMZ:a.

Any ideas?

Hans Åkerman

http://spektr.eu.org/~akerman