Re: Single Proxy Machine Requirements

From: Eric Stern <estern@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:14:53 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Shaun Morgan wrote:

> To all you genius people out there. I have a small ISP with about 1000
> clients dialaing into about 90 56k modems. I want to run squid on one
> machine. The machine comprises of a Solaris 2.6 x86 PII 350 with 320MB ram
> and 16G SCSI II drives.
>>
> Will squid be able to handle the full 90 clients onboard at the same time?

That machine should be able to handle over 1000 clients. I don't think
you'll have a problem. :)

> Also what would you say is the best form of partitioning to use. There are 3
> drives.. an 8G and two 4G.
>
> Someone told me to partition 2G slices to avoid fragmentation?

Probably not necessary. Just make the partitions the full size of the
drives.

/ Eric Stern - PacketStorm Technologies - (519) 826-9395 /
/ http://www.packetstorm.on.ca /
/ WebSpeed - a transparent web caching server - available now! /