Re: Novice Questions

From: Arjun Saksena <saksena@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:43:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am reading thru the src code and trying to make sense of how Squid Works.

1. The following is what someone told me about the Harvest Cache.

"The cache is faster than most due to the non-blocking nature of its I/O routines. This is not accomplished by true multi-threading, but rather through a clever manipulation of sockets using the select() funciont. A socket is only read from or written to if it is ready for the operation."

Does it also apply to Squid 2.2 ?

2. What is the difference between a per-connection state information and per-request state information?

3. What does FQDN stand apart from the fact that it is address to name lookup?