Re: squid2.1p2 losing parents on reconfig?

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:19:03 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 bad+squid-users@klicman.de wrote:

> Whenever I do a "squid -k reconfig" squid2.1p2+memleakpatch stops
> sending ICP queries to the parents and all fetches become direct.

I just tried it here: ran "squid -k reconfigure" on one proxy then looked to
see if requests from that proxy were still going to its parent - they were
(both ICP and HTTP).

Both proxies are Squid 2.1.PATCH2 (plus the memleakpatch).

The only other thing I can think of affecting the client/parent relationship
here is that we're running cache digests between the two (in addition to ICP);
are either of the two who have noticed this fail running cache digests between
parent and child proxies?

> Am I the only one seeing this?

Unless there's something more specific to repeat, I couldn't reproduce the
problem here.

dave