MS Proxy....

From: Gordon Scott <gordon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:53:22 +0000 (GMT)

I just received this and though you guys might like to know:

: ...... someone posted an error message about the
: file /_vti_bin/shtml.dll/dialogic_survey.htm not being found.
[snip]
: The problem appears to be an interaction between an NT proxy server and a
: non-NT FP enabled web server. The NT proxy appears to rewrite the
: /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/ into the shtml.dll, which of course is not found on
: non-Windows based servers.
:
: I particularly find this distressing since it appears that the fault is
: at the non-Windows server, when reality it is the Proxy screwing things
: up. Yet another thing for Microsoft to come back and say "The problem is
: the non-Windows server. This just proves the reliability of the Windows
: NT platform as a server, since everything is integrated into the NT
: server, and it all works together, you won't have this problem".

G.

--
Gordon Scott		 Opinions expressed are my own.
gordon@multitone.co.uk   (official)	gordon@mepsys.demon.co.uk  (backdoor)