RE: Multiple Auto-Proxy Download with IE4.01

From: Sparks, Alan <asparks@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:17:56 -0800

YES! I've seen it. You'll even find mention of it somewhere on someone's web
page (sorry, don't remember how to find it).

I spent two weeks talking to Microsoft about the problem, sent them Apache logs
showing the problem. After all that, they responded that "it wasn't a bug, they
intended it to work that way," and closed the report.

We now run Netscape exclusively at our plant. People with IE4 and browsing
problems get quickly upgraded. :-)

So, the sorry report is, we never found a way to fix it. It is indeed an IE4
built-in "feature."

-Alan