Re: delay_class3_individual not working

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 21:25:03 +0800

> Hi,
>
> I have the following in delay_class3 but the delay_class3_individual does
> not work. The connection just keeps waiting. Please correct the mistakes. I
> have divided the class C IP into 4 subnets, so I want to apply different
> data rate for different subnets and also for individual host. I want
> 198.10.10.10 - 198.10.10.20 to get 32Kbps and the rest to get 64Kbps.
>
> acl lan1 src 198.10.10.0/255.255.255.192
> delay_class1_access deny all
> delay_class2_access deny all
> delay_class3_access allow lan1
>
> delay_class3_aggregate_max 8000
> delay_class3_aggregate_restore 8000
>
> delay_class3_network_max 8000
> delay_class3_network_restore 6000
>
> delay_class3_individual_max 4000
> delay_class3_individual_restore 4000
>
> Now when I remove the above two lines it works ok but when I add them
> doesnt work. Whats wrong with the above rules. I am using
> squid2.1.PATCH2+additional patch.

There was a bug where delay_class2_individual was written when
delay_class3_individual was intended in the code somewhere. Search
the mailing list archived mid to late December. Sorry for the slow
response, I was on vacation from late January until today (well,
actually, I'm not working until tomorrow, but I've come into the
office to read my e-mail since I hate modems/ISDN, they are intolerably
slow).

David.