Re: [Fwd: no_cache for local www]

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 22:27:09 +0100

A.Y. Sjarifuddin wrote:

> Dear Henrik,
>
> I'd like to ask you a question about your old posting enclosed.
>
> How is actually the simplest way to tell the squid not to use
> the proxy for internal server?

Simplest way to tell Squid not to use parents or siblings for internal
servers:

acl dst internal_servers dst 10.0.0.0/8
always_direct internal_servers

If your question is on the simplest configuration to get clients to go
direct to internal servers then the answer is that this has to be done
in each browsers configuration. Squid has no influence on wether the
clients uses a proxy or not. The methods available in client-side
configurations are the no-proxy field in the proxy settings, or by using
a PAC script if this isn't enought.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker