Re: The Squid Cache died.

From: Niall Doherty <ndoherty@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:28:42 +0000

Cristian Stoica wrote:

> Hi, here's the e-mail that I keep receiving since I've upgraded squid.
> I looked for the core file but I couldn't find any. Anyone encountered
> the same?

You get it when Squid assert()s and coredumps. The core file is placed
in the first squid cache_dir. BTW, it'd be really nice if there was
a squid.conf directive called coredump_dir !

Note that if you started Squid from a shell be careful you haven't set
the coredumpsize to 0. The output from the limit command should show
something like:

> limit
cputime unlimited
filesize unlimited
datasize 2097148 kbytes
stacksize 8192 kbytes
coredumpsize unlimited
vmemoryuse unlimited
descriptors 64

Put something like this in your .cshrc (assuming you're using tcsh or csh
etc):

  limit coredumpsize unlimited

Cheers,
Niall

--
Niall Doherty, Systems Engineer          mailto:ndoherty@eei.ericsson.se
Ericsson Systems Expertise Ltd.,                  Voice: +353 1 207 7506