Re: The Squid Cache died.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 03:46:04 +0100

Bill Wichers wrote:

> Unless Squid's core dumping abilities have changed since I last
> saw this message (way back several years ago with Squid 1.1)
> Squid will only dump core for you if you are running Squid in
> the fore ground on the console. That has been my expierience
> anyway...

That is an "limitation" of the OS used, and not Squid. Some OS:es
refuses to dump core on daemon processes that have changed user id
(started as root, then switched to another user id). Some strict ones
even refuses to dump core if there is no associated terminal.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker