Few quick questions

From: Thomas Gaume <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 07:17:44 -0500

I have an opertunity to put squid boxes on several ships at sea
connecting to the net via a sat. feed. My questions are is it possible
to pre-fill these caches with the 100 most sights seen from the parents
point of view. The parent would be land based and set at the other end
of the sat. connection.

I have also been approached by a company deploying caches at various
stratigic points on the net, I tried it and truthfully was seeing better

service, and statistics using the 6 boxes I have running squid on our
Metro. Area Network now. But one thing I found interesting and usefull
was if the parent receives a miss, 30 seconds later it goes and adds
this page to it's own cache, essentually backfilling the parent. Is
this possible with squid?

--
Thomas Gaume                            *Wireless Networking experts
VP - Operations                         *High speed Internet access via our wireless MAN's