commBind: Cannot bind

From: Vincent J. Romeo <vjrma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:02:47 -0600

I am trying to setup squid to proxy/cache the connection from our school's
computer lab to our ISP. Our ISP runs a proxy which provides filtering and
caching.

squid compiles fine and starts with no errors, but whenever a client
attempts to connect to anything the following message is logged:
commBind: Cannot bind socket FD 14 to 208.xxx.xxx.10:0: (99) Cannot assign
requested address

208.xxx.xxx.10 is the address of my ISP's proxy. It appears that squid is
attempting to bind to port 0 on that proxy.

Any ideas? Need any more information? Let me know.

Thanks,
Vincent Romeo, Systems Manager
Madison Academy
vjromeo@bigfoot.com