Best Squid Memory Settings

From: Simon Lindsay <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 09:26:36 +1030 (CST)

Hi, We're setting up a new squid here, and I seem to recall somebody had
done testing and found that increasing the cache_mem above 8MB when you
have memory to spare didn't make much difference over just leaving the
memory free for the disk cache.

Can somebody correct me if i'm wrong, or tell me if this is for the old
NOVM version. I Checked the maillist archives, and the FAQ but couldn't
find it.

TIA

Simon Lindsay simon@iweb.net.au
Technical Manager Icq. 1485568
The Internet Company Pty. Ltd. http://www.iweb.net.au/~simon
InterWeb Connections and Portal.net Ph. (08) 8221 5444
------- Speed with Service -------- Fx. (08) 8221 5450