Re: number of Cache Directories

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 02:14:41 +0100

Adalto Silva Correia Filho wrote:

> Is there any performance decrease (or increase) when we're using
> more than one (say 5) cache directories with squid 2?

No.

> Does it matter if they are in different VGs?

No.

You should avoid having two cache_dirs on the same physical disk. Squid
is most happy with one cache_dir on each disk or stripes of several
disks.

Using RAID5 is currently a bad idea and will give poor performance (many
random writes == worst case for RAID5). Either use no disk redundancy or
use mirroring.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker