Re: Interacting with SQUID thru a script

From: S Ramakrishnan <rk_@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 08:39:51 -0000

Peter -

Thanks for your response.

My problems is that I need to track
and digest SQUID counters (num of ICP requests
sent, num ICP responses recd, etc)
dynamically, rather than as an afterthought
uisng logfiles.

Hence I would like to obtain the counters
by issuing a command; it is very expensive to parse
the logfile that is growing steadily.

Are there any SQUID commands that I could type
at the shell prompt to dump the statistics?

We are still using vers 1.22. Should we
upgrade to vers 2.x?

Thanks,

Uma