Re: ENC: Performance

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 00:37:54 +0100

Cristian Stoica wrote:

> I meant about full explanations like those from kernel compile.help file.
> Like what are the cases when somebody might want to turn on a feature and
> when not...

There is no such documentation. People are expected to use common sense
in selecting which options to enable, and to ask on squid-users if
unsure. Most things not enabled by default are either experimental,
under development or point features not interesting for common setups.
Others are for enabling it to build on platforms not yet supported (this
is especially --enable/disable-poll).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker